Wednesday 7 December 2016

Why *Mushroom And Leek Soup Recipe* is More Tempting than a Cinnamon


Winters are here so how can we forget the essentials of winter. Soups are the must haves of Winter. I love soups, you love soups, we all love soups. But my sister doesn't! I can't answer why, because there is no answer. 

Trying different kinds of food is my favorite thing to do and every one would have eaten chicken corn soups, vegetable soups, chicken egg soups and etc. But, today the recipe I am sharing might be interesting for my fellow foodies. 

"Mushroom And Leek Soup"

Mushrooms are familiar but maybe people doesn't know what leek is. Leek is actually a kind of onion, Green Onion :

What Is Required? 

  • 1 12  Ounces dried mushrooms (porcini would taste better in the soup)
  • 1  2-inch piece parmesan cheese rind (skin) 
  • 3 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 leeks (White, and light green parts), sliced
  • Salt (Optional)
  • Black Pepper (Optional)
  • 10 ounces mixed mushrooms (take cremini, shiitake and button) 
  • 8 ounces noodles, cooked 
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives

Method:



  1. Combine the porcini mushrooms, Parmesan rind, and 10 cups water in a large pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Strain, discarding the solids and reserving the liquid. Stir in the soy sauce.
  2. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the leeks, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Add the mixed mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are tender and starting to brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the reserved broth, cover, and bring to a simmer. Add the soba and cook until heated through.
  3. Serve the soup topped with the chives.

Source: Google Images
Serving it beautifully will add more taste to the soup.

If you're not yet following me on Instagram, do it for daily interesting posts and stories. Like Us On Facebook too and shower some love. Here's my Twitter account to follow!😋😋😋



I would love to hear from you!

11 Statements:

  1. I love all types of soups. This is an interesting way to make mushroom soup. I usually make the creamy mushroom soup but it has a bit too much caleries. This is so much more healthy and my kids just love noodles. I can see my family enjoying this clear soup. Have bookmarked it and will be trying it real soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do tell me how it came out!

      Thanks for dropping by,
      Much love!

      Delete
  2. I do make soups very often and it's mostly the chicken corn soup because my son can have it and it's not spicy. Otherwise, I like hot and sour soup. Will try your recipe soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm bookmarking this!! I loveeee soup especially in the winter and this looks so delicious. I can't wait to try this, in sha Allah...I'll let you know how it comes out =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soups are the must have of Winters. Thank you so much for your unconditional love!
      Do try it and tell me how it came out :-)

      Delete
  4. This soup looks so tasty. I will have to try it. It different to the types of soups I have tired. I love that it has noodles in it. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too love noodles and noodles with soup will make the taste more fun!

      Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  5. Oh yum! This looks so hearty and wholesome. Will try it this winter inshaAllah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh this looks delicious! What is dried mushroom?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aoa Nazima! Thanks for your comment.
      Dried mushrooms are more flavored than other ones so it would be better for you to choose them over any other kind of mushroom!

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by!
Much love,
xx

 
That Girl Glamorously Glitter Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template